Amrita UMS is an end to end academic suite designed to automate the workflow of the university from student admissions, fee collections, grading, administration and management. It provides a platform to:
- Transform and automate university workflows
- Reduce or eliminate paper based processing using electronic workflows
- Integrate student, faculty and administrator data into a comprehensive database with secure access controls
- Provide comprehensive E-Learning capabilities
- Provide administrators capabilities for University Asset Management, Procurement, Accounting, HR and other critical back-office functions.
- Allow for anytime, anywhere access
Amrita UMS helps in the development, implementation and maintenance of essential administrative functions. The system not only helps in the University’s daily operations, but also provides the foundation to foster research and development. Amrita UMS comes with user-friendly reports and an ergonomic user-interface thereby ensuring maximum user efficiency. It provides a comprehensive and innovative system for the effective management of content, learning, and assessment services. The main focus area in is on the integration of learning management system and university administrative applications.
Amrita UMS solutions make use of open source technologies that can substantially reduce annual licensing costs, adopting business processes for better customer care and improved operational efficiencies, and use of reporting and analysis tools to support administration and decision making.